Week 1- Midnight-8AM
Week 2- 4 PM- Midnight
Week 3- 8 AM- 4 PM
Provide professional and efficient Levels I, II and III technical support to Xxxx employees (customers) that are using Xxxx proprietary applications as well as other client-server applications. Diagnose and resolve hardware and workstation configuration problems, routing calls to other support areas as necessary, alerting management where critical.
Duties of the incumbent include, but are not limited to:
- Use of tools, procedures, and customer relation techniques established for the HelpDesk/Desktop Support team to support customers through telephone, remote access and/or in-person visits to the customer’s workstation.
- Document all problems by providing a complete and accurate depiction of issues reported, and their resolutions, into Xxxx’s problem management system.
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and research problems, recommending solutions and escalating to the Desktop Engineering group or application support teams when necessary.
- Communicate known problems and fixes to team members and other technical groups, submitting knowledge solutions as needed, notifying management and end user communities where applicable.
- Analyze production reports and identify end user trends, making recommendations to management on proactive course of action.
- Distribute workstation images and individual software packages to end user computers via Xxxx’s software distribution system.
- Occasional moving of computer equipment for office moves and new or visiting employees.
- Arranging for the procurement of replacement parts and or PCs from the appropriate hardware vendors.
- Possible travel to offices outside of New York facility.
- Provide out of hours support via a Xxxx on-call cell phone and remote access to Xxxx’s core network when the HelpDesk/Desktop Support and the OpsCenter is closed.
- The analyst will also need to exercise good judgment when dealing with sensitive employee security information, as well as company documentation, in keeping with corporate data security and compliance requirements.
- The analyst will be expected to evaluate data communicated by all areas, including end user communities, outside business entities, and IT, to establish business impact of a problem and decide the best course of action. This will include validation of system-wide impact and notification to all user communities and management of the known condition and the course of action taken · Other duties as assigned.
- Supervision: The incumbent reports to Corporate HelpDesk/Desktop Support Manager and has some flexibility in identifying and initiating activities to achieve the objectives of the position. The incumbent is expected to be a “self-starter” who is able to create and carry out tasks assigned with a minimum of supervision.
- Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a corporate support position in a technical environment with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot system problems.
- Knowledge of networking and the basics of LAN administration.
- An understanding of local and wide area networking protocols.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, a corporate HelpDesk ticketing system.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, specifically Windows 7
- Excellent oral and written skills to interface with all user/technical communities within Xxxx.
- Understanding of financial business environments will increase the incumbent’s potential for success.
- Possess good time management/organization skills necessary to assist in developing IT processes/procedures and to manage own work queue, perform escalations, and assist in team projects.
At minimum, the incumbent must have a college degree in a technical field of study relevant to the position and demonstrate capability to operate in a highly technical environment.
- Rotating Shift Support:
If selected for the Rotating Shift Support team, the candidate may be required to work 8 hour shifts for 5 days/week after normal business hours (between 6PM and 8AM weekdays and/or Saturday, Sunday including holidays). The assigned shift would be on a regular rotation through weekends and weekdays.